Sunday, December 21, 2008

snow, snow and more snow, then ice and now more snow....



Well, it has been a week of winter weather around here. The boys were not supposed to be out of school til this week for the break, but they had all of last week off.... Looks like the break will be three weeks! Will I make it???

Anyway, Lucas built a snowduck one day. When I was taking the picture, Lucas said - wait, I think he blinked....

It was snow, then melt, then snow, then melt, then more snow and more snow and more snow - a total of 9 inches yesterday on the ground. Then last night started with freezing rain. So then we had ice covered snow. They boys tried to snowboard on the slight slope of the front yard... They got going for about 4 feet and then they were out of yard.

Lucas shoveled out around the trucks a bit today. Jake and I tried to clear off the deck and a little pathway to the garage. By the time we were to the side of the house, it started snowing again and what we had shoveled off the deck was on it's way to another covering of snow..

Tom said tonight that we are expecting a lot more over the week... I have been in this house all week! I was out for a bit friday afternoon for some emergency Christmas shopping but that is it... I love to be home when I have the choice...

Anyway, so I have been passing the time baking. Banana bread, gingersnaps, and tonight a chocolate cake... Not at all anything we need to have around but it has been nice to have some treats...

Well, other than snow - not much to report here. Keep your fingers crossed we all survive. Cabin fever is a terrible thing!

Til next time...
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

fingers crossed!!!!!

Paris said...

I just can't even believe all this snow. Unreal. Sure is messing with Christmas plans. Keep warm and safe. Love the snow duck :)