Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

I hope that you all are having a wonderful Christmas day. We are still under snow and iffy weather so we have postponed family get together til things are cleared off and a little safer for travel.

So last night we went to a candlelight service. I haven't been to church in so long and Tom has been wanting to check them out again and see about attending again. I didn't want him to go alone and thought this would be something all of us could do and get into the spirit of Christmas a little bit... It was nice. Lots of carols and singing. May not be a good fit for us though as far as a church - was a little too "something" for us...

Anyway, today, we are just hanging out at home. The boys are playing with their new games for the Wii and I am baking a pie! Oh my - haven't made a pie in so long.... We will see if it comes out edible. Gifts were on a small scale this year. With Tom out of work for so long this year, we just really scaled back on the spending. The boys said they didn't believe in Santa anymore so he did not come. Think they were still happy with what they got though. The boys got me a tea pot and they made Tom a little storage cabinet for out in his shop. Tom built me a large planter box for across under my window to my scrap room. I can't wait til spring when I can plant it full of flowers. I didn't even get Tom anything. He kept changing his mind on what he wanted so I told him to just go ahead and buy something and put my name on it... :)

But it has been a good day so far. We are going to escape for awhile though and go to a movie later this afternoon. I am going stir crazy with being home for the past week and a half!!!


Also, need to send out a huge Happy Birthday to my buddy, Paris! I met Paris through an online scrapbooking group. Over the past couple of years, our friendship has gotten closer as she referred me for the position at Hot Off the Press while she was going to gone traveling with her family as her husband was on sabaticle from work. Over two years later, I never would of thought that I would still be there and she would be off working her own business. But Paris inspires me - she is the Martha Dukes in my life and that dares me to try new recipes and do more cooking than just eating out all the time. Thank you for your friendship, Paris. I hope that you are having a wonderful birthday!

Well, pie is out of the oven and time to go to the movies! So I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Enjoy the day with family and friends.

Laura

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Merry Christmas! i sure love ya! thanks for everything!

Paris said...

Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas!! I'm so glad to hear that!! And thanks for the birthday wishes. You are such a sweetheart :) I'm so grateful for your friendship!! Can't wait for our play date!! Big hugs to you, Laura!!

Team Immel said...

Sounds like you had a memorable Christmas Laura!! We scaled back ALOT too and the kids seemed thrilled, they didn't even notice! Thanks for wishing Paris a Happy Birthday and for giving her some facetime on her Birthday, I know she appreciated that and she deserves it! I'm sorry I didn't get to my blog yesterday to do the same :(
Love ya friend and so glad you are in our lives!! You are a great friend to so many and you have no idea how you inspire the rest of us!!! Thanks for being you. You're a rock star!! xoxoxo

Team Immel said...

beautiful photo by the two of you btw!!! xoxox