Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Kathy Jo!!!

Kathy Jo and I met online back in 2001. We were both going to be attending CKU in Provo, Utah that August. Leading up to the event, an email group got together and chatted online to get to know each other. We chatted back and forth. That was also the summer that Tom got so sick on a motorcycle trip and ended up in a Reno hospital for 3 weeks... And I was putting together the embroidered shirts for the gals attending the event... Oh it was crazy times. But Kathy Jo - even though living in the Chicago area - she kept in touch with me and was always very supportive. When we met in person at the event - it was as if we had always known each other.

Many times when you go to something like this, you meet someone and say - oh let's keep in touch... But you never do. With KJ - it is a lifelong friendship. We continue to email and we have had some getaways with our buddy June. Aside from recruiting her to help me with work. She has traveled to Arizona with me. Once to help in classes I was teaching and another time when we had a booth at the Phoenix convention. I think my most favorite trip though has been our lighthouse tour trip. That was such a perfect weekend.

This is a picture of us when we were working the booth in Phoenix. It was probably at the beginning of the weekend too before she realized what she was really in for!


I treasure all the time that we had on adventures and looking back, it makes me smile. Or laugh - when we were in Mesa we had a handicapped room with an interesting shower and we fed the homeless.

KJ - you are a good egg and I am honored to have you as my friend. Thank you for always being supportive and such a good listener. I can't wait for our trip to Tuscon in January!

Hope you have a very special birthday.
Hugs to you my friend.
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Happiest of birthdays to Kathy Jo! So glad that I have had the opportunity to meet her :)

Team Immel said...

i'm so glad you have someone like her in your life! but you have to be a good friend, to have one. and you're the best! happy bday to you kathy jo! i hope someday i get to meet you!!! xoxox shauna