Friday, December 26, 2008

a sewing good day!

Well, with the weather delaying our family get together for Christmas, I found some extra time to make my Christmas gifts. I got to sewing today and ventured out for my first solo quilting projects. Angie and Vicki (aka quilting coaches and overall enablers) have got me hooked on this and now I can't wait to get working on the coordinating throw.


These are a couple pillows that I made today. I am not too good with the top stitching yet so I added some buttons to help cover the messups... But I think they turned out pretty cool. I added the batting under the front so it is a little softer and then the backs of the pillows are a light suede like material. Gees - when I cleaned out my pantry.... I found two bags and two huge rubbermaid tubs full of fabric!!!! Must of been a closet quilter all this time... But this material was just a scrap left from something and was just enough to be the backs of the pillows.

But now it is time to check in on my facebook and maybe call it a night...
Til next time...
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

They are absolutely gorgeous, Laura!! I love 'em!

Jennie said...

these are so dang cute! love them!

good for you!!!