Monday, July 14, 2008

remembering...

Today was a day of remembering July 14, 2006. Not especially the day, but of the wonderful man that lost his life that day. My good friend, Angie, lost her dad that day. Angie and Vicki (aka Mom)are more than friends to me, they are like family. And their world was changed forever on that day. It doesn't feel like it has been 2 years. Just unreal. I still feel like Mike is going to drive up in his old brown truck with stories of his fishing adventures. Mike was a one of a kind man. Not really sure any words I can write would give him justice and fully explain who he was. But I feel like he is still here. When I go to work at Boxer, it just feels like he is standing there laughing at me because the tape is crooked across the boxes and I need to add a second strip. Or when we are working a booth at a convention and I am having trouble snipping the zip ties to take down the grid wall, Mike would of shown me some kind of trick to make it easier and at the same time, he would of been making fun of me. Mike loved his family and would do anything for his friends. Everyone was his friend. He is so greatly missed. Ang and Vicki - you are amazing. I admire your strength and know that I am always here for you whenever you need anything.

Hug your families and tell them you love them. You never know when they might be taken away from you.
Love always,
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

What a nice tribute, Laura. My heart goes out to you, Angie and Vicki. Can't believe it has been 2 years. Big hugs, Paris

Anonymous said...

Thank you. That was wonderful!

Team Immel said...

that was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful, beautiful human being. i can only imagine how hard this day must be. you are so right away living your life to the fullest like there's no tomorrow. you never know. life changes on a dime. grab onto life and hold on tight.

xoxox
shauna