Saturday, November 1, 2008

Post Halloween...

Well, we survived the dreaded day. I don't know why, I am just always glad when Halloween is over.

We did end up having a pretty good day though. I went to my doc's appt and the boys stayed home - together even.... They did really well. They played Monopoly "with a twist". They each had two playing pieces like they were playing with four people but only had the money for one player. :) When I left, Jake was down to $10! But they were still playing when I got home. I was actually able to get to the post office, the bank, the gas station (down to $2.49!) and the pharmacy... Maybe they are getting old enough and mature enough - if that is possible - to try this the two of them together at home... We will just take baby steps though - because I have a lot of scrapbook supplies that I want to survive any kind of disaster.

Anyway - did get my foot checked. Of course, the office was filled with cat woman at the reception desk, the nurse was in some kind of foam barrel thing - not really sure what she was. Then my doc was Gilligan. Appropriately since his last name is Gilligan...

At the end of June, I got a blister on the side of my heel. Thought maybe my shoe just rubbed funny or something. But it has gradually gotten worse to the point where it is hard to wear shoes, it is hard to drive, and there is a burning pain. Now there is a second one that has developed over the past couple of weeks. It is more under the skin and is very hard and right under the center of my heel so when I walk, I hit that first. So doc says that they might be planter's warts??? Not sure what those are or how I got them but they hurt. He started talking about freezing them, shaving them off, and apparently my face said "You want to do what???" So he said that we could try a topical route first. There is less risk of infection and such this way. Ok by me... So will try this and then after a couple of weeks, I will go back and see him. If they are not gone, we will look at the freezing thing or maybe even do an x-ray and check to see if they are possibly bone spurs. Then a pediatrist will get involved and the rest of the details from that did not sound fun at all. I just want to have it go away! So just hoping this topical route will be the answer.

Anyway, got the errands done and then home. The boys were having a good day just having the day off from school and hanging out at home. So I got the taco chili going in the crock pot and did some things around the house.

About 4, I took Lucas over to his friend's house for the Halloween party. Of course, he was fully dressed up as.............. ready for it? ..................................................

HIMSELF! :) Sorry no picture...

Then Tom, Jake and I went to a movie. We saw Pride and Glory. Cop movie with language and violence (probably not the best for Jake) but it was a good movie. After the movie, we came home and had dinner. Jake carved his pumpkin -- yeah nothing like waiting til the last minute... Apparently we haven't actually carved our pumpkins for sometime. We usually get them the night before Halloween and just set them on the porch. So he really wanted to this time because he doesn't ever remember doing it before. Gees - guess need to get some traditions going again, I guess so these guys remember..

He didn't want to do any trick or treating so he took door duty and passed out the candy.

About 9, I went back to pick up Lucas from the party. He had a good time and quickly told me there were girls at the party. This detail was not released when I dropped him off. Well, guess the boy needs to grow up sometime. Mom is just having a hard time knowing how much is good. How much freedom do you give a fresh 13 year old??? But sounded like he had a good time.

Today - we have playoffs. Lucas' football team is going into the playoffs in first place as they are undefeated this season. So keep your fingers, toes and whatever else crossed for these boys. Weather is kind of yucky and they are going up against their rival, Sunset. We shut them out earlier in the season 12-0, so think they will be coming at us hard.

So have a good Saturday...
Til next time.
Laura

4 comments:

Jennie said...

it sounds like you had a pretty eventful day!

i am glad they are able to figure something out for your foot! ouch!

i sure love ya! have a good week!

Paris said...

Glad that you guys had a fun Halloween. Hoping that your foot heals quickly. Thanks so much for inviting me to scrap last night... it was so fun to hang out with you! Happy Sunday!

Team Immel said...

hope they won their football game. funny stories about boys, girls and halloween. lol

we didn't even carve our pumpkins at all. :( i'm such a bad mom! my 9 yr old is probably traumatized.

i've had plantar warts before. so has kaelin. i had mine frozen off. not a big deal as i seem to recall. kaelin had hers shaved off i think? can't really remember. we both survived. good luck with yours.

got your text tonight but was at a writing group selection committe all night so couldn't respond. sorry i missed scrappin with you on sat night too.

i would NEVER leave my two kids home alone together. lol glad your house and supplies survived!

xoxo
si

ScrapNSister1 said...

Oh Laura, your poor foot! I had one of those pesky things on the top of my big toe where the open toe in my sandals would aggravate it like crazy. I had it froze...kind of burns and there is some throbbing after but it worked and was well worth it if that helps you any. Hope all goes well. Oh, and I bet you felt some freedom when you learned the kids could be alone together for a short while. I remember that feeling with mine and it was fantastic to have just mommy time. Have a great day! Schree