Saturday, November 22, 2008

more catching up to do...

Seems like I am never caught up anymore. Whether it is laundry, chores around the house, just stuff.... So maybe that is just my new version of "caught up" - to never be...

Anyway, left you off with last Monday and the Glow Golf with the scouts.

Tuesday and Wednesday were work days and kid pick up from school, etc. Jake had a class celebration after school on Tuesday, so that meant a trip back to the school later after already being there to pick up Lucas. Wednesday was another two trips to school because Lucas was out regular time and Jake had LegoRobotics. Needless to say, I let Tom go back and pick up Jake on Thursday. There are some days when I just want to be home....

Thursday night, I went to a Girls Night Out Fundraiser at Southridge High School. My friend, Beth, her son is a senior there and they were raising money for the Grad Night Party. Was a lot of fun. The halls were filled with vendor tables where you could shop. Students were selling raffle tickets for a donation by each vendor. Then we moved into decorated tables. There was a hostess for each table. Beth made a very yummy carrot cake and that was in the center and then decorated with black and gold. Very pretty and she did a great job. After dessert, they had the raffle, a fashion show of prom dresses. You could bid $20 and then your ticket went into a drawing. That was fun to watch - even though I will never be buying prom dresses... It was fun to watch the girls modeling. I wonder if Mindy got the one she was bidding on? After that they announced the silent auction winners and that ended the night. It seemed to be a huge success and I hope they were able to raise a lot of money. Besides, it was nice to just get out with the girls. I ran into a mom from Tae Kwon Do from many years ago. Was wonderful to catch up with her a bit.

Then Friday, I went into HOTP for awhile to finish up some cards that were due and pick up work for the weekend. I have been watching this bush bloom over the past week. It is just so pretty, I had to take a picture. I am not sure if it is supposed to be blooming in November, but it is just a reminder to stop and appreciate nature's beauty every once in awhile in this crazy life. Was barely there 45 minutes when the phone started to ring. Lucas was in the office with a headache. He was complaining of vis
ion trouble and felt like a migraine was coming on. Last time this happened, he ended up throwing up but he wasn't feeling like that yet. So he stayed in the health room a few minutes, but by the time I called him back, he was feeling better and going to class.

But then about half hour later, he called Tom at work since I was in Canby. Then Tom called me from home wondering where the perscription was for his migraines. Well, we didn't have any because it was left in the health room last year at the other school. We forgot to pick it up so it was disposed of. So off to the school he went with tylenol. By the time he got to the school, Lucas was complaining of numbness in his arm and vision trouble again. So Tom called the Pediatrician and he suggested that he go to the ER. So off Tom was and I was on my way from Canby. (Thank you, LeNae for finishing my last card and instructions!) I got there not much before the doctor. They were going to put in an IV and give him some medicine. They ended up doing a CT Scan too to rule out anything there. Words were coming out like stroke and heart attack - OMG! Freak out the mom, will you.... Then Lucas was getting nervous and broke down. Gees - what bedside manner... Anyway, test came back normal and he really felt better after the IV was in for awhile. He was really dehydrated and combine that with changing hormones, it brought on the migraine. So drink lots of water, Kid!!! We were out of there in time to get Jake from school. Got something at the store for dinner and went home. What a day....

We spent the evening after dinner playing a little Wii bowling and tv. I think I was in bed though by 9....

Today, it is a day at home. Tom and Jake are off to the Expo Center with a friend of Tom's and his son. Did a quick clean out of the car already this am. So they will be gone for the day. Lucas and I are at home. I have some samples to do and a house to clean!!!! I am hoping to have a quilting day with Angie and Vicki tomorrow so will need to get stuff together for that. I also need to make some cookies for George (a friend from school, scouts, and football). He helped me out by picking up the boys for me after school when I was in Bellevue. He loves oatmeal raisin - so guess that will be what I will be making. Haven't done any baking in a long time. Probably a good thing two of my three boys are out of the house today, maybe some will actually make it into the cookie jar.

Well, enjoy your weekend! It is a typical chilly fall day outside today. Maybe will even have a fire in the fireplace today...

Til next time....
Laura

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice to get caught up on your crazy life! Wow. How scary about Lucas. Glad the tests all came back okay. He has been through the ringer! Hope next week is calmer for you.

Paris said...

Oops... that last post was from me. Didn't notice that Jim was signed in. xoxo Paris

Team Immel said...

sorry about the scare with lucas. it's so hard when your kids are going thru the ringer like that. glad it wasn't anything really serious like a stroke etc! eeek! no mom wants to hear that!

you are one crazy busy girl. not sure how you do it all. wow. i need to sit down after reading all of that and rest!

xoxo
shauna