Friday, November 21, 2008

a chance to catch a breath....

Well, that is until I finish this post... Then I will be out of breath again. It has been a wild week and a half (at least I think that is when I posted last. ) I know that is as far back as I can remember so will start with that.

Wednesday, November 12th, I packed my bag and that evening Vicki and I headed up to Bellevue for the Creating Keepsakes Convention. We got a late start as both Angie and Vicki were on baby watch up to the minute we left. After a brief detour to Vicki's house to pick up some forgotten product and a very good laugh in the driveway.... I know she will kill me for posting this but it is too funny.... Vicki had a friend staying at the house while she was gone and didn't want to startle her by coming into the house. So she was calling her. But she was calling the gal's cell phone instead of just calling the house. I asked her - don't you know the number to your house??? Gave us a good laugh, at least me anyway.... Angie and George had drove up prior and were just getting there when we took off. Drive wasn't too bad once we got past Woodland. The rain had quit by then and was a pretty clear night the rest of the way.




Thursday, we set up the show. We were right next to the Galloping Horse gals again so of course that makes for many laughs and good times. I have known these gals for many years now. Oh the stories I could tell you about them, but then they have just as many on me - so will just have to leave you guessing on that.

Friday, I worked the make the take table. Was kind of glad when I ran out of product for the project. Gave me a chance to do a different one for the afternoon. Busy and good day. That night we went out to the Croatian pizza place. OMG! This place has the best bread and such good food. I had Croatian Cousins - it was a pasta dish with scallops, shrimp and clams. Oh so good.

Saturday, another day of make and takes. Mixed it up a bit by switching off with Vicki awhile and I worked the register. Somehow George got the morning off so he could watch a football game... Hmm... he must have an in with one of the owners. I never get to come in late.. :)

Shauna made it to the show for a getaway. Was so great to see her and her bright smile.


Doesn't she look great! I was so happy that she got an escape away and people saw her as "Hi, my name is Shauna." Not Shauna with cancer. She even helped us pack up at the end before scooting off to dinner with friends.

Anyway, finished up the day, tore down the booth and packed our new pod. Was amazing how much bigger it was and we had so much room left over. But I am sure this is a honeymoon thing and over the next year we will be fighting for storage space again.

After teardown, we went to Vicki M's house in Maple Valley and celebrated the end of the season. Judy and Danita were wrapping it for the shows. Terri was also done with traveling on the CKC team. And we just had a chance to celebrate with friends for the end of another good year. This party was complete with great food, laughs, stories and even a pinata!

This is Terri and her daughter, Anna Marie.


Anna Marie is growing up and has turned into such a wonderful young lady. She has been helping with the conventions since she was 9 so we have been watching her grow up. I will even put up with her mom to keep seeing Anna Marie at the shows... (Just kidding, Terri. Always good to see you....)

Terri and Vicki M are sisters and worked together on the CK traveling teams for almost 4 years (I think...) But we had great times and saw many new places around the country. Of course, lots of stories - and even ones that Terri will embellish upon... :) Terri won't be traveling the the CK Team anymore but will be working on the vendor side now so I will still get a chance to see her and give her a hard time at the shows.

Oh forgot to update about the baby watch.... Angie and Vicki's friend, Karen (Angie and Karen grew up together) Karen had a baby girl early Thursday morning. So they missed it, but we woke up that morning to a photo text of the cute little one.

Sunday we drove home. Tom had fixed my oven and we were good to go to cook dinner. I lucked out though and just made a store run and Tom made dinner.

I then worked on projects that were due Monday morning - long night to finish everything up.

Monday night was a Scout fun night. They had a campout over the weekend so instead of a meeting - they do something fun. This time it was Glow Golf. Since it was downtown Portland, I took the boys. Lucas invited his friend, Patrick, and we were off. Was pretty fun. I have never been there before so it was a nice change.



Here is Jake on the third hole - think he had about 50 strokes by then. :) But they weren't keeping score and he was having fun.


This is Lucas and Patrick - they ended up finishing early because they accidentally went to the last hole before they went through the whole course. But they had a good time.

Well, that gets us through this past Monday. Now dinner is about ready and the natives are hungry around here. Will fill you in on the rest of my week... Lucas wrapped up today with a trip to the ER with a migraine - will fill you in on that one later...

Til next time.
Laura

2 comments:

Team Immel said...

oh man i am tired reading your blog! slow down will ya???

thanks for sharing the photo of us and giving me a shout out! i loved hanging with you gals!

i'm sorry to hear lucas had a migraine. spencer gets them all the time and misses a lot of school. :( sucks.

looking forward to getting caught up with you!

maybe we can plan another breakie and i can make it this time???

xoxo
si

Jennie said...

how fun you got to party with teri and vicki! they are so great! what will teri be doing on the vendor side? who is she going to work with?