Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Well, we had a really nice day yesterday. We went to my brother's house for dinner.


This is my brother, Joe and his family, wife Lorraine, and kids - Miranda and Travis.
This is a family picture of my brothers and I with Mom and Dad. Not sure what Mom was thinking in this picture, but best one of everyone else. I am really quite a bit taller than my brother. I had scootched down....
This is my Mom and Dad - pretty good picture of them. We had multiple retakes to get good pictures this year... The scrapbooker in me was looking for the good one...
Especially with my group. We finally got this one. Oh my - I only have a couple inches on Lucas. Kid is going to be taller than me next year!

But it was a good day. I spent the morning finishing a memory book for my mom. She had given me a bunch of photos that her mom had and wanted them in a book. Grandma had passed away this summer and I really tried to get the book done for Mom's birthday in October. But just didn't happen. I got the last 13 pages done yesterday and she really liked it. She was having dinner today with her brothers and sisters so hopefully she will get the book back. Anyway, was able to cross one more thing off my to do list.

Then we spent the afternoon and evening having good food and catching up with family.

Today, just a day at home. I have been working on a tree skirt for some time now. Angie and Vicki are teaching me to quilt. Just what I need, another hobby. But I am really enjoying it. That is until I overload the bobbin and my sewing machine doesn't like that and then I don't like my machine... Anyway, today I finished all the top stitching (I think that is what it is called...) and even did some decorative stitching and now the layers are all stitched together. Now I just need to add the edge trim and a ruffle. One Christmas gift then will be done! I had cut out the pieces for this a long time ago, but when I cut the strips, there are enough for a second skirt. This one, I am going to keep. So I got that sewn together today too. Now I have a second skirt to sandwich with the batting and such. I am going over to Vicki's on Sunday so Ang can teach me to do the ruffle. Maybe I will be able to completely finish them both.... That would be cool. Then I will want to set up my tree!

Anyway, was nice to just be home. I didn't even leave the house. Tom and the boys were gone for awhile this afternoon. So it was wonderful to have the house to myself - quiet! Just had the hum of the sewing machine...

But it is getting late and I am tired. Tomorrow I am taking Lucas and some of his friends from school bowling as a late birthday thing. That should be fun. Better get my rest!

Til next time then...
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am so grateful to have so many amazing people in my life. Thank you for being part of my world!
Love you all...
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

Great pics of you and your family :) How cool that you are a quilter. I'm a wannabe quilter and I want to be a real quilter when I grow up ;)

Team Immel said...

wow, who are you laura stewart or laura dukes? quilting a tree skirt? impressive! making us look bad again!

love the family photo! it's a keeper!

glad you go to enjoy your day with family and then a day at home alone. sounds like a good holiday weekend all around!

xoxo
shauna