Sunday, November 30, 2008

a huge THANK YOU to my quilting coach!!!!

I finished my first quilting project today. THANK YOU so much, Ang. I couldn't of done it without you. I love how it turned out! I even got a "Cool" from Jake when I got home. He is asking for something for his bed.... Oh another project!!!!


This is a tree skirt with log cabin Christmas colors. This one will be for my mom and I have the top finished for mine. It will be with the same fabrics but it will have a red ruffle and the pattern is reversed. The plaid on the outer edge of Mom's will be in the center of mine and the brown center on Mom's will be the outer edge on mine. I just need to get some batting and sandwich it and do the "quilting" on top... I guess there is some lingo I need to learn, other than layer and stitch... :)

Anyway, this is what I did today.

I am so hooked on this... (Really, it didn't take very much...) I have a couple other gifts I am planning out for Christmas and I was sketching them yesterday!!! We will need to do a fabric store field trip soon for backing and such.... Sure means a lot to me that you helped me through my first project, Ang. Thank you....

Now to have dinner with the boys. They are roasting us hot dogs in the fireplace! Hey, it must be gourmet night...
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

Just beautiful, Laura! Love the colors and patterns. Way to go!!

Angie said...

great work~ I've always wanted to learn and haven't.

Team Immel said...

there you go, making us look bad again. who are you, martha dukes or something? stop it!!!

xoxox
shauna

ps. i love the skirt! it's gorgeous!!!!!!!!!