Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween costumes and driving....

Ok, so some states - it is illegal to drive and talk on the cell phone. Now they are even trying to make texting while driving illegal. I know that putting make-up on while driving is not a good thing. I see that practically every morning.

But today - I drove to work alongside Winnie the Pooh. She was driving a little Mazda and that hood blocked her view any which way she looked. She pulled out in front of me as she pulled out of PetSmart - was she picking up something for Tigger??? I drive a Tahoe... It was not easy to get stopped in time.... But then we progressed down the street and she ended up pulling on the freeway ahead of me. Seemed like we played chicken all along 217. Traffic was really slow so every time I tried to pass her, she would pull in front of me. I was just waiting for a chance when traffic would stop and I could be along side of her and tell her that "Hey, might of been a good look for you when you were three....." Anyway, made it to work ok.

But then there was the ride home... Geez - good thing I am not commuting tomorrow....

Again - stuck on 217 with traffic. I saw a clown, a surgeon (with the mask on!), a scarecrow, a witch, some man without a shirt on (not sure what he going as but he obviously didn't watch the weather report this am) and then there was Raggedy Ann with Andy in the passenger seat. Good thing Pooh wasn't going home yet, the drive was pretty uneventful other than being slow.

This is definitely not my holiday. I never was big on the scary movies. The dressing up. I do love the pumpkin patch, the changing of the leaves and the chill in the air of Fall, but actually Halloween - not my thing. I love to bake this time of year too - but my oven went out the other day. I have all this cookie dough here too from the school fundraiser and I can't bake a single cookie! This year, the boys are torn about trick or treating. A few years ago, they grew out of the cutesy costumes and were the scream guy for two years in a row (both of them!) Last year, Jake was a hippie and Lucas a football player - at least no costumes needed to be bought - just a beard for Jake. So now trying to decide what to do about tomorrow night. Lucas was invited to a friends for a Halloween party. Tom, Jake and I may go to a movie. Just not too into it. The boys do want to carve the pumpkins tomorrow. They don't have school so may be a good time to do that. I have a doc appt in the am to have my foot checked out and then we have the rest of the day. Will be good to hang out with the boys. We have had a busy week and will be nice to just "be".

But our busy-ness for the week is not over yet. Lucas has football practice tonight at 7:15 so I better get to making dinner. Been challenging without an oven so tonight it is swedish pancakes and sausage. Good ole' breakfast food back up! Tom is going to take Lucas to practice. I took him the last two nights and just froze... Jake and I are going to stay home and watch survivor!

So enjoy the rest of your evening. Just remember that if you are driving in costume - we can see you! :)

Til next time....
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

I saw Elvis walking down Jenkins Rd. today ;) Cracked me up! Glad you survived all the crazies out today. Hope your foot is okay. Enjoy the boys' day off tomorrow, and hope you can get to the movies.

Team Immel said...

thats hilairious. tomorrow keep your eye out for snow white and indy jones! ;)
what movie will you see?
hope your foot is ok too!
xoxox
si

Anonymous said...

They're probably going to see "W", as gripping as it is! Laura, you missed it! I wore my Stripper costume today...wish you were here!