Wednesday, May 20, 2009

a poem by Lucas...

Lucas wrote this poem for school about himself. He is pretty proud of himself, as he should be. It is so true! I love the part about getting the joke.... If you know Lucas, there is usually a little delay before he gets the joke.

Anyway, thought I would share....


I Am What I Am...
by Lucas "Dozer" Nicholas (this has become his signature now....)

I am what I am...
I am a gentleman.
When I want to be.
Hold doors.
Pull out a chair.
Give advice.
I am what I am, a gentleman.

I am serious, yes, really.
When laughter is in the air, I am hard at work.
School is a mountain in my mind.
When it's appropriate, I get the joke.
I am what I am, serious.

I am patriotic.
I pledge allegiance to this flag.
And for which both it and I stand.
One nation under one God.
We are indivisible.
With liberty and justice for all.
I am what I am, pariotic.

I am strong.
I walk tall against the hard winds of everyday life.
I have tolerance for both physical and emotional pain.
My mind is strong too.
I am what I am, strong.

I am kind-hearted.
I pay attention to the things people feel.
I wish people luck when I feel their going to need it.
People come to me for help, I give 110%.
I am what I am, kind-hearted.

I am what I am...

Great job, Lucas.
Love, Mom

2 comments:

Paris said...

OMG... that is awesome!! WTG, Lucas... job well done!!

Jennie said...

hey laura... just wanted to wish you a happy birthday!