Sunday, May 10, 2009

oh boy - where have I been????

Well, between work hours, kids and the house... we have been busy around here.

It has been awhile since I have posted....

In the past month....

I have been trying to get a mailing out but keep getting some back.... Going to be crunch time soon and hopefully all the details will come off without a hitch. Had several meetings with school about an incident with Jake that happened involving an x-acto knife. Apparently they don't feel this is a weapon... Long story there that is too long to go into. But I am not letting it drop and going up over the school til something is done. There was so much more to it than boys will be boys... I just puts me in a tailspin when I think about it - makes me so mad... Also had a meeting at the school on Jake's IEP - that actually went really well. I think they listened to us and Jake attended this time. He spoke his mind and told them what he needed from them. Was pretty proud of him. He is doing so well this year - really surprises me. Lucas - now he is struggling a bit in school but I think that is just the teen thing and wanting to hang with friends and be cool... But that is just my opinion.... We also met with the Orthopedic surgeon about another surgery for Lucas. Not sure if it is something we will do - it is a major one with a long recovery. So we will get some more x-rays in a couple weeks and meet with him again to decide. He is young and has so much life ahead of him - that it is hard to think this
might stop him from doing things in life. So might be the factor to decide to go ahead with it. Will mean we will be spending the summer on crutches and recovering... But we will see.


The boys scouts had a car wash yesterday. Both boys worked on that and got some car washing training.... Well, maybe not. I had to go to the pros after they washed my truck. Apparently they just washed the hood and the windows - nothing below that.... It was pretty dirty to start with - but pretty dirty still in the end... Weather was perfect though for a car wash. Both Tom and Jake got pretty burnt. Lucas - just "tan". They didn't have a very good turn out this year, but did raise a little money for the troop.

I have been taking more photos of the beautiful blooms this spring. This is the lilac in my back yard. It smells wonderful! I just wish the blooms lasted longer....





Friday night, I went to see Ron White with Angie, Vicki, Judy, and Danita. Oh and Angie's George and aunt and uncle.... It was so hilarious. Angie is probably glad she didn't sit by me though - there were some jokes that needed some explanation..... But it still was hilarious and we had such a great time!




I got to spend an afternoon scrapping with Sadie. We met so many years ago when she took classes from me. Then she ended up working at HOTP and that is where she met Justin. Such a cute couple and I had a great time just spending the afternoon at their house.








Last night, I did some sewing and made this table runner for my Mom for Mother's day. So now off to make a card and head over to see her....

Happy Mother's Day to all of you that are mom's or have mom's or have someone special that is like a mother to you! I have some pretty special people in my life that are like a mom to me - I so appreciate you all! Thank you for your love and support.

Enjoy your Sunday! We are having beautiful weather here so hoping to be out in a bit today...
Til next time.
Laura

No comments: