Tuesday, May 19, 2009

home again....

It was an early morning yesterday starting at 3:30am Eastern time, but we made it home from Manchester, NH. It was a great trip. Here are a few of the highlights.

We got in pretty late Wednesday night after a short delay in Chicago (so great to get to chat with Kathy Jo on the phone in Chicago....) Terri was on our flight and went to dinner with us at the Red Arrow Diner. There are labels on the counter where people have sat there so I added our label...


Sorry this picture of Terri and I is upside down - for some reason it won't save as flipped. My tech support aka Jake is still sleeping this morning....





The convention was great. I met so many fun people at the make and take table. I should of gotten out the camera before the last hour and a half of the show on Saturday. I will never forget Lil. She came by and tried to pay me for her free make and take! After that it was just non-stop laughs. She was so fun and it was a pleasure to meet her and her daughter Shannon. Lil - if you are checking out my blog - find me on Facebook!

I also had the pleasure of meeting the Boston Scrap Mafia. They came by both days. Again another Mom and daughter and just fun to visit with.





Then Renee and Jeanne stopped by. Renee was waiting for a friend to show up. So she starts to describe to me what her friend looks like and that while she sat down to do the make and take - I was to look out for her friend wearing a tigger sweatshirt.... So it turned into me getting a full description of Christine and the girls were on their own for the project while I watched out for Christine to arrive. Again - such fun ladies.


Angie and Vicki working hard at the registers. Ang also taught three classes each day. Friday night we went to dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse where some other vendors from SEI also went. So we told our waitress that it was Lin's birthday. We waited for them to sing and bring him a sundae before we left. Was so funny because it wasn't his birthday... So then Saturday at the show, we had the new guy to the event's team announce to the whole show that it was his birthday only to find out that it was not his birthday. Jory then came over to me at our booth and said - it isn't his birthday til September.... I told him, I know... But if you knew that you wouldn't of made the announcement.... lol Such good times...

Sunday we got to visit some quilt stores. Amazingly - I didn't buy anything. The first place though did have some wonderful samples that I could of gone crazy... The area was just perfect. So laid back. Beautiful homes and I just loved the huge lilacs. We ended our day road trip in York, Maine. According to Gertie Garmin, it was the farthest tip we could go - when you are at the lighthouse - you are just surrounded by water.










I also found my dream home if I ever win the Powerball lottery. This house was just perfect!
It was just a good day. Angie and Vicki - thanks again for wonderful memories and good laughs and good times.

Was great to see everyone again at the show - Kris, so glad we actually got to have lunch together one of the days to catch up. Will look forward to seeing you again in Texas....

But now it is time to put another load of laundry in the dryer, get the boys ready for school and head off to work.... In New Hampshire, the motto is Live Free or Die and in Maine, it is The Way Life should be. I so totally agree - that laid back small town feeling is just perfect. When things are busy and just out of control - I will remember that is not all that important - remember the Way Life should BE!

So til next time....
Laura

1 comment:

Paris said...

Looks and sounds like an incredible trip, Laura!!! Welcome, home :) xoxo