Sunday, January 4, 2009

they will go back to school, they will go back to school.....

Can you tell that three weeks is too long for Winter Break? There is rumor that there will be snow tonight but I am chanting that they will go back to school.... How many times do I need to repeat it to make sure it comes true??? Positive thinking right?

Well, update from here... Been some busy times. We have been done with the snow now for about a week and it has been wonderful. I hadn't driven in two weeks and just had cabin fever just awful! So it has been a new freedom.

So you would think we have been up to a lot! Not really. :0) Christmas came and went. New Years came and went. We did go to my parents house for New Years Day and had our delayed Christmas. Mom loved the tree skirt I made her and I got some wonderful new sheets. What is it about new sheets? Just awesome... The boys got Wii Music so new sounds have been coming from the man cave this weekend. They also got a poker chip set so they have been trying to teach me poker. Kind of fun! We have been watching a lot of movies over the past week. I keep saying week, but really it has only been since last Wednesday - so really just a long weekend... Friday, I went to work for a little while. Trying to just get used to being back to work again - almost felt like my first day. Then I met with my quilting coaches for a bit in the afternoon. Got started on my next project. Can't tell you what it is because they are gifts... But I am liking how they are turning out. Then Saturday, Lucas and I helped with the boy scout tree recycling. We drove around from 10am-4pm picking up Christmas trees! Did 7 truck loads by the end of the day. The boys did good though - they collected a lot of donations. They also collected bottles and cans. Somehow those ended up in my truck to take to the drop off place. We hand fed each bottle and can for almost an hour! AH! That is a lot of work for the amount of money you get in the end. Anyway, it all goes for the troop... But by the time we got home, I was wiped and did not want to make dinner so off to Applebee's we went. Tom and Jake went on a hike that day so it was a nice way for us all to catch up on our day. Today - a quiet day at home. The boys and I took down the Christmas stuff and got that all boxed up again. Watched another movie - The Lazerus (sp?) project. Good movie - different and confusing at times, but good movie. Glad it ended well. Worked on the never ending mountain of laundry and a few other household chores. Now I am going to make some ham and bean soup while the pies finish in the oven. Not sure why, but I have been baking for three weeks now... Have an apple and a blueberry going now. I think it is the smells. I love the house smelling of warm apples and cinnamon.

Later I have some projects to finish up for work and then it will be get ready for the boys to go back to school tomorrow... I am in no way excited for this, really.... Ok, just a little... They will go back to school, they will go back to school.....

Hope your 2009 is off to a good start.
Til next time.
Laura

1 comment:

Team Immel said...

It really is hard to get back into the swing of things, isn't it??? Glad to see the kids get back to school, but hard to get back into the driving them from place to place to place and the homework. it's like i am going to school and have homework. sigh. you are one busy gal. you are supermom/wife/scrapper extraordinaire!! you are my idol!! (well, one of them. hi paris!!!)

xxoox
shauna