Sunday, January 25, 2009

all good things must come to an end...

We had our last day here in Arizona and spent it sleeping in, hanging out at the house, and then to my Uncle Richard and Aunt Vicki's house. They really were across the desert out the back of our house. 5 minutes down the road. So I was glad that we made it over there to spend the afternoon.
We were able to catch an amazing sunset after dinner. Poor Kathy Jo - we kept her busy today that she missed her usual Sunday afternoon nap. She was getting pretty tired by the time the sun was going down. But I managed to get another good photo out of her.

We walked out a bit behind the house to the big Saguaro cactus named Grandpa. Such an amazing plant that they all seem to have different personalities and characteristics. Each one is different from the other -kind of like us, I guess. Wonder if they think the same thing as we stand next to them talking about him like he is a person...

I think the key to the perfect sunset is to have some clouds in the sky.

My uncle made burgers and chicken for dinner.. He hasn't changed a bit.

We each used a walking stick on our little walk in case of critters and to push away prickly branches. But hey, if it doesn't poke ya, bite ya or kill ya, you are not in Arizona.
It took some arm twisting but I finally did get a good picture of my aunt and uncle together out on our walk.

Just before we left on the walk, Dan and Sunny came by. Dan is my Grandma's brother's son from my mom side's of the family. So he is cousins with my uncle Richard and my second cousin. I am sure that I have met him before at reunions and get togethers but it was good to see him and catch up a bit. They live just down the road a bit from my aunt and uncle so I was glad they stopped by.
But we have packed up and picked up the house a bit now. We are enjoying our last night here. We have had a great time.
June and Kathy Jo - I am so happy we got this opportunity to spend the weekend. You gals make me smile just thinking of you and the memories of this weekend will be with me forever. I can't wait til our next getaway - January 2010??? I love you, Girls....
So going to show the girls how to make a folded cupcake and think about going to bed. KJ is looking kind of droopy and needs to get some sleep. We fly home tomorrow and back to life at home...
Til next time.
Laura

3 comments:

Paris said...

What a great vacation you had!! Safe travels home!! xoxo

ali said...

Sounds like you had a great day! :)

Team Immel said...

wow! it looks like you had a wonderful time! what great photos!!! isn't it nice to have such good friends to escape with?? lucky you and lucky them! glad you enjoyed yourself and are now home safe and sound! i've missed you something fierce! xoxox Shauna