Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Happy Birthday, Shauna!!


Today is my friend, Shauna's birthday. This is one girl that words can not say enough about. It was about 9 years ago, maybe even 10??? I met Shauna online through a scrapbooking group. Wow - to think how many people I have met this way - could be kind of scary... But Shauna was a talent that I admired. She does great work. Shauna even became my rescue shuttle driver to and from the airport after an incident where my shuttle driver fell asleep and then later was pulled over for excessive speeding. But that is the kind of gal she is... No matter what she is going through - she always says "Why didn't you call me?" So when I was asked to work part time for Hot Off the Press the summer of 2006 - I jumped at it because I could work side by side with her. I never would of guessed it would turn out the way it did and I would end up working in her space for several months. I could never call it my desk and I could never move anything because I wanted to make sure that her things were there when she came back. I think I probably did my best work though sitting in that seat. Felt like I was sitting in some big shoes.. Anyway, since that time, I have gotten the chance to become closer with Shauna. She has been going through so much in the past two years that I now admire her for so much more. Her strength and will to make each day count. I laugh everytime I hear a story about her teenage boy because it is so like my Lucas. Teen boys - they are so alike... We could write a book. I will leave that though to Shauna, she is the writer. Anyway, I don't know how she does it - I probably would of given up going through what she has.

But girl - you are one tough cookie. Keep fighting your fight because I for one am behind you. I appreciate and cherish your friendship. You are always in my thoughts and I hope that you had a wonderful birthday today.

Hugs to you and thank you for your friendship!
Laura

2 comments:

Paris said...

What a nice tribute to our girl Shauna. She rocks and so do you :) xoxo

Team Immel said...

awwwwww laura, you are soooo sweet! i have been so bad about blogging, that i haven't even checked blogs until now! i just saw this! i'm sorry i missed it!!!! i am so touched and honored to call you friend. thank you for thinking of me!! love ya!1 xoxoxo