Tuesday, September 7, 2010

where to begin?

Wow, I thought keeping up with my blog this year was going to be easy. Apparently not so much seeing the last posted date....

But as of last week, I have had some free time dropped in my lap. So maybe now I can get back to the world of blogging!

According to my calendar - I have been doing some traveling.... :) Oh and the fact that the suitcase has never been completely unpacked since January.

I have been traveling to the scrapbook conventions across the country with Boxer Scrapbooks. We have been to Costa Mesa, CA, Portland, Louisville, KY, Pleasanton, CA, Collinsville, IL, Mesa, AZ, Manchester, NH, Novi, MI, Arlington, TX, Chantilly, VA, Des Moines, IA, Puyallup, WA, Valley Forge, PA, Santa Clara, CA, Charlotte, NC, Tulsa, OK, and Virginia Beach, VA!!!! Those last 5 were right in a row - making August a total blur. We have 6 more for the year. A little behind on the postcards apparently. I found a few collections from a few destinations that never got mailed... Might have to send those this month as I don't have any travel in September. I won't be going to Ohio this week so have the weekend off. Not sure what to do with myself... Oh but I will get over it.

Between Manchester and Novi, I got to spend a couple days in Chicago with Kathy Jo and Tony. That was so much fun. Got the express day tour of the city and even taught KJ to make chicken enchiladas one night. :) Have the photos to prove it!

Spring Break - Tom and I took the boys and a couple of their friends to a beach house on the Oregon Coast. Was nice to just get away and relax.

I continued to work full time with Hot Off the Press until last week. I got a call notifying me that my position had been eliminated due to cut backs. That was and still is hard to take. So not really sure what the next step is as far as the work thing. Might have to think of a new adventure....

Lucas is cleared for football this year. He has been participating in the summer conditioning all summer and now they are in full swing practice. First game is this friday and he is excited and I am camera ready! I can't wait to see him on the field. It has been two years since he has suited up and a rough two years with all that he has been through.

Jake played lacrosse this spring and also a short summer league. He had a great spring season. He had several buddies from school on the team and even made it into the penalty box a few times - proud lacrosse mom moments. :)

Today, the boys are back in school. Lucas started 9th grade - wow, high school already... And Jake is in 8th grade. One year again of two schools and two different schedules, but somehow it all works out.

So think that brings us up to date.... Life is a crazy ride and I am just hanging on. Hope to be back here on the blog again soon!

Til next time...
Laura

No comments: