Sunday, March 22, 2009

where have I been???

Obviously, I have not been checking my blog.... let alone updating it!

Well, this has been a pretty busy month so far. What have we been up to???

Besides work, work, work and more work... the boys have been going to the pool a lot in the evenings. Lucas has discovered the diving board and that he likes it. The first couple of times took him several walks out on the board and back and then out again and finally a bunch of people yelling at him to jump! Now he is thinking of trying the first platform... Jake is liking it down at his end of the pool just fine. He has been practicing his strokes, standing on his hands under water and doing summer salts. He really loves to swim under water.

The first weekend this month was the Portland scrapbook convention. So worked that with Boxer and we had a great show. Was busy and as usual always great to see the other vendors and the familiar faces in the crowds. Hometown show is always a fun one.

The second weekend, Tom and Jake went on the scout campout. Jake is soon to be Patrol Leader (or chief lost boy - as I call him... :) ) so it was good for him to go and help plan the campout. Poor guys got drenched though. It rained and the wind blew all weekend. Lucas and I drove up North to Hoodsport on Saturday for my friend's husband's memorial service.

Lucas even took a book along and was doing homework! Was a photo op for sure...

It was a very nice memorial and wonderful to see Claudia again. Just wish it was for a better circumstance. The service was actually on a boat docked at Alderbrook Resort on Hoods Canal. It was such a pretty area - if the weather was nicer, it probably would of been hard for me to leave. I really do love that area.

After the service, we went to Claudia's house for a bit. She lives near Lake Cushman - again in a lovely area. Just love all the trees. But secluded. She had 4 inches of snow that morning and the next day, there was 8 on the ground... But Claudia - you are in my thoughts....

Lucas and I were going to drive the long way home and drive along the coast, maybe find a place to stay for the night. I bought a map in Hoodsport and we were heading to Aberdeen. But before I knew it, I was seeing signs for Centralia - wrong way! Usually I am very good with maps - not sure where I took a wrong turn. So we ended up stopping for dinner and just driving home down the freeway. Then sunday, we went to a movie and then went to my parents for dinner. It was my dad's birthday.

One thursday night this month, we had family night at school. That was fun. Checked out the science fair projects and watched the first half of the basketball game. 8th graders playing the teachers. Teachers started out pretty good, but think they tired out the second half because I heard the students won...

This weekend.... yesterday I worked from home. Tom and the boys did stuff... Took the boys to the pool again in the afternoon. Today we drove up to Carlton and did some target shooting in the woods.We packed up the truck with a picnic lunch and just headed out. It was very pretty to just be out in the trees. It even snowed a bit and was pretty cold but it was a good day. I am surprised Jake is becoming quite the shot. Think he hit the target more than I did! Driving out in that area makes me really look at the real estate. There was one house for sale on 59 acres and was just perfect! Even had my wrap around porch. Now just to win that lottery!



Well, better get back to laundry and finishing up some projects for work . The boys made burgers for dinner tonight. Now just to get them to do the dishes after cooking...

This week, the boys are on Spring Break. They are out of school so much anymore, it just doesn't seem like Spring Break. The boys and I are going to take off to the beach for a couple days on Wednesday. Looking forward to that.

Will try to check in here more often!

Till next time then...
Laura

No comments: